Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Imagine you're a mother. You have two young daughters, one's five and the other is two. You have just found out the that youngest one has a rare genetic condition that is, in most cases, fatal, and a few days after her third birthday she was going to need open heart surgery. This happened to my mother, the strongest woman in the world. How she cared for two little girls while dealing with heart surgery and not knowing what the future looked like is incredible. But what's more incredible is how she dealt with two more major surgeries to come throughout the years, her other daughter having medical problems as well, as well as everything else that goes along with being a mother. But the most incredible part is that she kept her faith throughout all of it and kept hope alive even in the darkest of hospital rooms.



I would like to thank my mother for everything she has done. I love you so much and thank you for everything you do for me. Without you, I could not have gone through all of the major surgeries, as well as just the day-to-day things I do. You have been a hand to hold, a shoulder to cry on, and you've been my advocate through everything. I don't know how you have stayed so strong even to this day, but you have and you are an angel. Thank you. 

I would also like to thank my stepmother, who has been there for me as well as my mom, for two of three of the surgeries. Thank you for all of your support, care, and understanding through everything. It's incredible to me that I have three amazing, loving, supportive parents. I love you!


Happy Mother's Day!


5 comments:

  1. We would do anything and everything to take care of you both. Being on your life's journey with you is rewarding beyond measure. Thank you for opening your heart to me as part of the family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful message, Jeune Gal! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, Jeune Gal! I am also so grateful for the loving parents we have in our lives!

    ReplyDelete